How We Help Students Do Something Bigger Altogether
We encourage students to create meaningful relationships, explore interests and develop a sense of self and an appreciation for their community. Our student organizations promote leadership development, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
We promote involvement and engagement by educating students to create a vibrant campus life at UNCG.
The Activity Fee icon helps publicize our event’s accessibility through the use of Student Fee funding. The majority of activities and events planned by the CAP office are paid for by the Student Activity fee. Come on out, join the fun, and see how your Activity Fee is being used!
Family Friendly Events
Another icon to look for is our Family Friendly event rating. We encourage students to bring children, spouses, life partners, and friends to events with these icons. There are three categories based on entertainment and location (at the discretion of the CAP staff): 18 years and older, 13 years and older, and all ages appropriate.
If you have access or accommodation concerns for ANY event or activity on campus, please contact x45800. Since these accommodations take time, please contact us as soon as possible to ensure proper arrangements.
- Manage major campus events
- Plan and implement weekend programs
- Coordinate student group recognition
- Advise the Greek Governing Councils along with 21 national chapters
- Provide student leadership training and development
- Provide resources for commuter, adult and transfer students.
- Advise the Student Government Association, the University Media Board,
the Campus Activities Board and the over 200 student groups
- Market the activities sponsored by CAP along with student groups
Points of Pride
In a 2012 UNCG Student Activities & Involvement benchmarking study, students reported benefits of participation in campus activities that included:
- Improved communication skills
- Ability to balance social activities with academic obligations
- Improved leadership skills
- Enhanced understanding of diverse perspectives
- Increased self-confidence
By the Numbers (2012-2013 Academic Year)
- Social media presence on Twitter and Facebook increased 74% and 10% respectively
- During a Spring 2013 online survey, 90% of students agreed or strongly agreed that CAP events were enjoyable and met their expectations, with Spring Fling and Weekend Movies ranking as most enjoyed events
- Managed and provided support to 207 support groups
- Facilitated Fraternity and Sorority Life that includes over 490 students who conducted over 15,000 community service hours and raised over $55,000 for non-profit organizations
- Planned and implemented 147 activities for students with 109 of them being on the weekends. Activities include social and educational activities for residents, commuters, adults, families, and veterans. Weekend life improved 67% from the previous year with 10,695 students attending programs
- Piloted UNCG weekend emails, sent to 14,204 people with a 22% open rate, as well as OnTheGo weekly emails, sent to 11,077 people with a 13% open rate