How We Help Students Do Something Bigger Altogether
We encourage students to create meaningful relationships, explore interests and develop a sense of self and an appreciation for their community. Our student organizations promote leadership development, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
We promote involvement and engagement by educating students to create a vibrant campus life at UNCG.
The Activity Fee icon helps publicize our event’s accessibility through the use of Student Fee funding. The majority of activities and events planned by the CAP office are paid for by the Student Activity fee. Come on out, join the fun, and see how your Activity Fee is being used!
If you have access or accommodation concerns for ANY event or activity on campus, please contact x45800. Since these accommodations take time, please contact us as soon as possible to ensure proper arrangements.
- Manage major campus events
- Plan and implement weekend programs
- Coordinate student group recognition
- Advise the Greek Governing Councils along with 21 national chapters
- Provide student leadership training and development
- Provide resources for commuter, adult and transfer students.
- Advise the Student Government Association Finance Committee, the University Media Board,
the Campus Activities Board and the over 200 student groups
- Market the activities sponsored by CAP along with student groups
Points of Pride (2014-2015 Academic Year)
- Managed and supported 247 student groups
- 278 new members were initiated into the Fraternity and Sorority community with over 200 students attending the Fraternal Leadership Institute
- The Fraternity and Sorority community raised $5,500 to support The Servant Center of Greensboro and a new scholarship plan was created and implemented
- Planned and implemented 150 activities with 116 being held on weekends. Activities include social and educational activities for residents, commuters, adults, families, and veterans.
- Social media presence on Twitter and Facebook increased 59% and 6% respectively
- Created an online training tutorial for Student Group Advisors