Student Groups are an important part of our campus community. Campus Activities & Programs encourages students to participate in student group activity.
How can we help you?
For a complete list of existing, recognized student groups, visit the UNCG Student Group Community!
If you have any questions about a specific student group, you can contact the Office of Campus Activities & Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 334-5800.
Establishing And Recognizing A Student Group
Students wishing to establish first-time recognition with a group OR wishing to reactivate a group that has lost recognition must complete the following procedures before they can begin to function as a student group.
- Find five (5) UNCG students interested in your group, each with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Find a full time UNCG faculty or staff member to serve as your advisor
- Wrist a Constitution using the “How to Write a Student Group Constitution” information contained in the So You Want to Start a Student Group (PDF) packet.
- Login to Community using your iSpartan username. Fill in all of the information about the student group you would like to start in the online form on Community (you MUST be logged in to Community FIRST). If necessary, the packet can be submitted as a paper form, using the So You Want to Start a Student Group (PDF) packet, however, online form is PREFERRED.
- Submit your paperwork by hand or through the online submission process to the CAP office for approval. The approval process may take up to 4 weeks, though we endeavor to complete approval as soon as possible.
- Meet with the Assistant Director for Programs after your paperwork has been approved
- All sports groups must be affiliated with the Club Sports Council and meet with the Assistant Director for Intramurals and Club Sports in the Department of Campus Recreation
- All social Greek-letter groups must be meet the criteria for establishing those groups (see page 15 of this packet)
Maintain Your Registered & Recognized Student Groups Status
- Send representative to ONE Registration Kick Off meeting in the fall semester.
- Submit Annual Registration Form via COMMUNITY by stated deadline (due in April)
- Maintain accurate roster including officers/leadership positions on Community—MUST HAVE FIVE MEMBERS
- Complete End of Year Survey