Student Groups are an important part of our campus community. Campus Activities & Programs encourages students to participate in student group activity.
How can we help you?
For a complete list of existing, recognized student groups, visit the UNCG Student Group Community!
If you have any questions about a specific student group, you can contact the Office of Campus Activities & Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 334-5800.
Establishing And Recognizing A Student Group
Students wishing to establish first-time recognition with a group OR wishing to reactivate a group that has lost recognition must complete the following procedures before they can begin to function as a student group.
- Visit Spartan Connect and click on “Organizations” at the top. Confirm that there is not another group that is similar to your own.
- Review the regulations on becoming a group in the Student Group Manual.
- Find five (5) UNCG students interested in your group, each with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Find a full time UNCG faculty or staff member to serve as your advisor
- Wrist a Constitution using the “How to Write a Student Group Constitution” information at the end of the Student Group Manual.
- Login to Spartan Connect using your iSpartan username. Click on “Organizations” at the top, then the “Register” button under “Register A New Organization”
- Submit your information through the online submission process for approval. The approval process may take up to 4 weeks, though we endeavor to complete approval as soon as possible.
- Meet with the Assistant Director for Programs after your paperwork has been approved
- All sports groups must be affiliated with the Club Sports Council and meet with the Assistant Director for Intramurals and Club Sports in the Department of Campus Recreation
- All social Greek-letter groups must be meet the criteria for establishing those groups (see the student group manual for detailed requirements)
Maintain Your Registered & Recognized Student Groups Status
- Send representative to ONE Registration Kick Off meeting. These meetings are generally held in the Spring semester.
- Submit Annual Registration Form via Spartan Connect by the deadline given in the registration kick off meeting.
- Maintain accurate roster including officers/leadership positions on Spartan Connect
- Complete End of Year Survey during the annual registration period.